MN HOSA has a *NEW* mailing address!
Please update your records:
PO Box 210
Sartell, MN 56377-0210Did you know...
According to the The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projections, 17 of the 30 fastest-growing careers are healthcare careers,
including the number one, two, and three fastest growing career fields. Employment of healthcare occupations is projected to grow 14 percent from 2018 to 2028,
much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 1.9 million new jobs.
Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services.
HOSA was first conceived by six (6) charter states at the organizing meeting in Cherry Hill, New Jersey in November 1975 and was officially organized at a Constitutional Convention held in Arlington, Texas, in November, 1976. HOSA Goals
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
HOSA Core Values
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
We value learning.
We are committed to learning and becoming respected, knowledgeable and skilled health professionals. We will respect the experiences and contributions of our teachers, peers and patients and seek to learn from them.
We value leadership.
We will serve as role models in our academic program, profession and community. We will be ethical, accountable and trustworthy. We will use our influence to empower others to strive for excellence.
We value service.
We are dedicated to serving others with compassion. We believe that individuals are important, and we will treat everyone with respect and care.
We value innovation.
We are dedicated to enriching the lives of others. We will continuously seek the knowledge and skills to address challenges and improve the health professions.
Learn more about HOSA by visiting www.hosa.org